Rhetoric CFPs & TOCs

Rhetoric CFPs & TOCs
Photo: Kristoffer Trolle (creative commons)

Monday, February 18, 2019

Bogora Classic: Jim Aune's Top Five Books

Top Five Books

Adria Battaglia, who received her B.A. and M.A. here at TAMU, is off to t.u. (as we called the University of Texas-Austin here in Aggieland). She just completed a really excellent M.A. thesis on rhetoric and heresthetic at the 1964 Democratic National Convention (the Fannie Lou Hamer and Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party controversy). She was inquiring around the office today if she could get a list of everyone's top 5 favorite books--not necessarily academic. So, here's my entry, in the hopes of stimulating some other lists. These are simply books I love and that have been influential somehow in my life.
1. Arthur Conan Doyle, The Hound of the Baskervilles
2. Plato, The Republic
3. Ezra Pound, The Cantos
4. Plutarch's Lives
5. Karl Marx, Capital I
Hard to get it down to five, but I think that's my list.
Categories: Queries 
Posted by jim at 05:44 PM | Comments (11)

No comments:

Post a Comment